Last updated: March 25, 2022
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may obtain personal information about you that you directly provide to us, including, for example, the following categories of information:
- Basic personal information (e.g., name, nationality, and country of birth)
- Contact information (e.g., phone number, e-mail address and mailing address)
- Account information (e.g., username and password)
- Communications (e.g., when you submit questions or comments, select e-mail marketing communication preferences, indicate areas of interests, subscribe to newsletters, or participate in surveys or forums)
- Background information (e.g., education, experience, qualifications, current employer, work location, job title, and primary job responsibilities)
- Location information (e.g., when you use a company mobile application that uses location tracking for purposes of managing our business operations, operate a company vehicle equipped with an in-vehicle monitoring system, or attend an event we hold that utilizes attendance tracking technology)
We may also automatically collect personal information during your visit to the Pulse Online Properties as part of our normal operation, including, for example, the following categories of information:
- Technical information collected from your computer or mobile device (e.g., your IP address, browser type, and operating system)
- Information collected about your usage of our websites (e.g., pages you visit, search terms you enter, and how often you visit)
We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfillment of these obligations.
USE OF "COOKIES"
You may elect not to accept "cookies" by setting your Internet options on your computer, however, please be advised that in that case, you may not be able to access part or all or part of the Pulse Online Properties.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers may use Personal Information:
- To verify your identity when you access and use our services and ensure the security of your personal information.
- To provide the information, goods, services or materials you may have requested. We may also analyze information about how you use our services to provide an improved experience for our customers.
- We may use your personal information to build a profile about you and place you into particular marketing segments in order to understand your preferences better and to appropriately personalize the marketing messages we send to you. Where necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages.
- We may use your personal information to process an application you submit to work for us or to provide information to you related to job opportunities. When necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such communications.
- We may use your personal information to manage our IT and communications systems, product and service development, company assets, strategic planning, project management, and operational improvement.
- We may use your personal information to register you to attend or present at an event we host.
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data storage, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and administration, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide services;
- We may share your personal information selected third parties to permit them to send to you marketing communications.
USE OF HOTJAR
PULSE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION COLLECTION, USAGE, DISCLOSURE OR OTHER PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (SUCH AS FACEBOOK INC.), ANY THIRD PARTY MAKING AVAILABLE THE DEVICES OR OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR WHICH CERTAIN PULSE ONLINE PROPERTIES ARE AVAILABLE (SUCH AS APPLE INC. OR GOOGLE INC.) AND ANY THIRD PARTY OPERATING ANY SITE TO WHICH THE PULSE ONLINE PROPERTIES CONTAIN A LINK. THE INCLUSION OF A LINK ON THE PULSE ONLINE PROPERTIES DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT OF THE LINKED SITE BY THE PULSE ONLINE PROPERTIES.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RIGHT
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you, subject to local law. These may include the rights to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of, or receive a portable copy in a usable electronic format of your personal information. Where you have provided your consent to any use of your personal information, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
You may contact us at the contact information set forth below to update or correct the personal information we hold about you or to discuss or exercise other rights you may have under law. Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your request. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of your country of residence.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND RETENTION
We implement physical, technical, and organizational security measures designed to safeguard and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the personal information we process. We evaluate and update these measures on a regular basis. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. In deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations. We may also retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as providing the same level of protection for personal information as the laws of your home country, and it may be available to the government of those countries under a lawful order made in those countries.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to provide adequate protections for your personal information. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place and to obtain a copy of such safeguards, please contact us at the contact information set forth below.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY THIS NOTICE
Since we are constantly making changes and upgrades to our systems and services in order to better serve you, and how we manage your personal information may accordingly change, we anticipate updating this Privacy Notice from time-to-time. Therefore, we reserve the right to revise the content of this Privacy Notice in any manner and at any time, without notice. If we make any revisions that materially change the ways in which we process your personal information, we will notify you of these changes before applying them to that personal information.
USE OF PULSE ONLINE PROPERTIES BY MINORS
The Pulse Online Properties are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Pulse Online Properties.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain from Pulse information about the personal information about you that we collect, use, and disclose. You can obtain this information by contacting Pulse at [email protected]
Pulse Grids LLC
Attn: Online Privacy
1270 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
+1 (212) 918-8180